Leidos is hiring for a Capture Development Director in our C4ISR Operation. C4ISR is an Industry-recognized leading solutions innovator providing transformational end-to-end business models that lower costs, improve efficiencies, and contribute to our customers’ success. Focus areas include: Command & Control, Mission IT and networking, cloud computing & migration, Intel analysis, SECDEVOPS and modeling and simulation. This critical role, will include responsibility for all aspects of business development capture to include opportunity development, win strategy development, teaming strategy development and management of other capture managers and strategy for the for the C4ISR across the USAF, Army and USN. To these ends, the selected individual will have opportunities to lead efforts for capture of specific opportunities as well as the to support the Operation’s plan. In addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth. This individual will lead a team of professional capture managers and help the BD VP resources bids in a timely manner to ensure optimal success.
- Demonstrated success in growing and winning new C4ISR business across the DoD
- Maturing opportunities in a timely fashion to include strategic teaming and leveraging technologies, customer knowledge, and inter and intra-company collaboration
- Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals
- Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
- Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence
- Participate as a thought leader in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio
- A Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience working in aerospace & defense, government services and/or other professional services executing all aspects of business development, program capture, planning, and execution
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD services business
- Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$100 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with DOD Customer
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Experience in budget management of New Business Funds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Ability to achieve results through others. Possess the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Management of pipeline and captures in excess of $4B and $1B respectively
- Top Secret clearance
- Completed professional training in Business Development Management
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.