As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Netscout Subject Matter Expert (SME).
Netscout SME Responsibilities:
• Work on emerging high profile projects and will be considered a subject matter expert and is responsible for meeting the business and technical requirements for the organizations overall objectives.
• Interpret customer requirements and develops internal requirements and design solutions. Identify solutions based on alternative analysis, providing detailed assessments against requirements (technical, cost, business, security, schedule) as well as establishing baselines.
• Need to have the ability to define clearly both risks and benefits of various approaches for a given need. Is able to create overarching strategies for design as it relates to monitoring the application, infrastructure, interfaces and critical business transactions to provide a comprehensive set of service level metrics and key performance indicators.
• Be responsible for designing & setting up the ingestion of various customer data flows to include pre-processing data into a useable format.
• Design, test, document, install, and maintain NetScout systems, such as nGenius O Design, Develop and Operate Central Management Consoles and Systems including (but not limited to): Cisco, Juniper and Linux
• Experience with:
• NGenius Business Analytics
• Develop Network and Application Performance Monitoring and Management solutions
• Evaluate communications paths (hardware and associated software)
• Design, test, document, install, and maintain NetScout systems such as nGenius.
• Design and provide near real time full spectrum situational awareness of IT services, events, incidents, and infrastructure to support vulnerability analyses.
• Evaluate communication hardware and software communication; troubleshoot Local Area Network (LAN)/ Wide Area Network (WAN) and other network related functions.
• Supporting the design, development, testing, and deployment of new performance management functionality.
• Evaluate alternative solutions while considering cost, risk, supportability, and scalability
• Developing the documentation required to operationalize new or updated performance management capabilities.
• Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN.
• Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree with 12 or more years of prior relevant experience or Masters with minimum of 10+ years of specific experience as a WAN network architect.
• Working knowledge of telecommunications as applied to systems engineering
• Expert working knowledge of Software Defined Networking (SDN), including SD-WAN implementations and LTE/5G wireless technologies
• Proven portfolio of large complex programs that required WAN architecture/design and applied system life cycle processes
• Familiarity with US Federal Government/DOD engineering practices including specifications and standards
• Public Trust clearance or higher level clearance attained
• Must have Excellent communication and proven writing skills (including proposal writing) to work with all levels of customer and internal organizations
• Experience with the performance and configuration of networks including performance planning i.e. capacity/bandwidth planning
• Experience in one or more of NetOps tools such as Juniper 128T
• Good understanding of Performance and Capacity management concepts and related tool sets used in enterprise IT environments
• Solid foundation in networking concepts, i.e., routing, switching, IP addressing, and Internet routing protocols
• Experience with collection protocols such as SNMP, WMI, VMWare
• Threat intelligence, threat analytics and cloud security API, and SMI.
• Experience with developing scripts (for example, Perl, Shell, and PLSQL languages.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and SNMP based network management
• Understanding of Network Performance Management and creating Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) to support customers and metrics
• Experience with TDM-to-IP conversion
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.