The Intelligence Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Senior BW Analyst / Chemist for an Intelligence Community customer. The successful candidate will provide direct, daily, on-site support to US Government professionals in the area of the analysis of chemical weapons technology and proliferation. Candidates must have a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
- Provide extended and detailed technical literature searches and other in-depth open-source research in response to questions from US Government personnel and in response to intelligence reporting
- Review research proposals for CBW proliferation risk as directed by the COTR.
- Provide significant technical and instructional design inputs to the design and implementation of an online CBW analysis class
- Manage one or two sessions per year of the one-week "Fundamentals of Analysis of CBW Proliferation" course. Organize the course content and the inputs of briefers (Leidos SMEs, US Government staff, and consultants). Compose and brief multiple course modules.
- After an initial period, manage the contract and coordinate program activities with the COTR.
- PhD in chemistry or Master's in chemical engineering and 13 years overall experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working in the chemical industry - organic or inorganic chemical synthesis research or production support
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in supporting the IC
- Ability to conduct in-depth searches of the technical literature on topics of CW interest. Ability to conduct internet searches in English and multiple foreign languages
- Ability to write concise reports summarizing long- and short-term responses to long- and short-term research questions and taskings
- Knowledge and experience of Leidos contract management methodologies, including management of subcontractors and consultants.
- Ability to prepare and deliver concise and accurate briefs for the CBW class, country-specific task forces, and IC partners
- Detailed knowledge of chemical production scheme design, interpretation of process flow charts and schematics, and organic chemical synthesis technologies
- Comprehensive familiarity with multiple journal, technical conference and patent databases, including those in non-English languages
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with representatives throughout the IC in person, by telephone and through written correspondence
- Detailed familiarity with principals of pharmacology and toxicology
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph level clearance.
- Military experience, preferably in US Army Chemical Corps
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology, laboratory and commercial production of microorganisms and biomolecules, genomics and proteomics, and epidemiology
- Background using tools associated with all-source analysis
- Familiarity with CBW-relevant nonproliferation regimes, treaties and transfer networks.
- Ability to read one or more foreign languages, preferably Russian, Chinese, Farsi or Korean.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.