The Defense Group at Leidos is looking for a Supply Depot Operations Manager in Hawthorne, Nevada.
This position reports is responsible for planning, directing, and supervising Supply Depot Operations, including storage, inventory, shipment, receipt, issue, turn-in, and maintenance all munitions in storage at the Depot. This role will ensure efficient and effective use of LMP to maintain accountability of munitions, munitions residue and packaging material.
- Reviews workload and backlog, plans and schedules work based on priority and makes assignments to, and monitors the daily performance of, subordinate employees.
- Plans, schedules and conducts periodic or special inventory of ammunition with organized inventory team.
- Reviews inventory and takes necessary action to correct discrepancies. Implements continued improvements of stock control and accounting operations.
- Maintains surveillance over stock control procedures and operations to provide corrective actions for those deficiencies and errors found.
- Coordinates shipment of munitions.
- Recommends changes in shipment plan to higher echelons when the storage spaces are not available.
- Maintains close coordination with quality control activity for their necessary action and timely accomplishment.
- Ensures all the ammunition received or transferred is accurate in quantity and lot number.
- Develops and updates the Storage Plan and provides input for specific operational SOPs.
- Perform appropriate key control and crime prevention procedures to reduce/eliminate potential for theft or loss of A&E. Maintain reference media as required.
- Report any significant or serious incidents to the DPM Ammunition Operations/General Manager immediately.
- Collect data and provide reports as required by senior management personnel or the Government.
- Interfaces daily with the onsite Contracting Officer Representative (COR), Quality Assurance Specialist Ammunition Surveillance (QASAS) inspectors.
- When required, take appropriate actions in response to COR / QASAS findings.
- Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS), all applicable laws, regulations, standards and codes imposed by the U.S. Government.
- BA/BS and minimum 4 years experience or High School Diploma with 8 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in a supervisory position in ammunition storage operations.
- Must have supervised a minimum of 50 personnel.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of storage/quantity distance procedures as prescribed by DA Pam 385-64 Ammunition and Explosives Safety Standards. Must have skill sets to enforce all class V regulatory requirements as described in, but not limited to, DA Pam 385-64 Ammunition and Explosives Safety Standards and DA PAM 385-10 Army Safety Program.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing the English Language.
- Must be able to pass a background National Agency Check prior to employment and ultimately obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Prior US Army Materiel Command experience, ideally within the Joint Munitions Command.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.