No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth.
As an experienced designer in site civil work, you will coordinate directly with our civil engineers supporting our substation/transmission site development group creating site plans, grading and drainage plans, site development details, and potentially support other civil engineering efforts such as structural and foundation detailing. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to take basic direction from engineers to start projects using survey, substation overlays, aerial photography, and general site topography to create comprehensive drawing packages. A substantial attention to detail will be required, and the candidate must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D (no exceptions). Effective communication supported by a philosophy of continuous improvement and teamwork is required.
• Prepare site design drawings, models of site plans, grading and drainage drawings, and site details with a high degree of precision
• Ensure engineering design details are properly represented for the development of “greenfield” (new) substations, as well as site expansion projects for existing substations
• Exercise good judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on survey results
• May provide additional support on additional civil engineering project work, including structure and foundation detailing
• May provide additional support to our physical design group in laying out plans, sections, and details for substation projects
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• AA/2-year degree in Engineering Technology - CAD or related scientific/technical discipline
• 3+ years of relevant experience in site development. An additional 4 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education, along with CAD certificate
• Proficient with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation drawing creation
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Bentley In-Roads
- Experience with AutoTURN
- Experience in the utility market
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Good communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Drafting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.