The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking, a Computational Physicist to join our growing, high-performance sensors research team in the development and application of advanced sensing technologies.
- Develop physics-based numerical models of various materials and devices
- Serve as subject matter expert on multi-physics modeling of materials, semiconductor devices, and laser-material interactions
- Utilize commercial software, such as Comsol or Apsys, to investigate novel material physics and to add understanding to experimental results
- Help identify experiments necessary to validate material models, and provide physics-based predictions for outcomes
To be successful in this role the following must apply to you:
- U.S.-born citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- BS in physics or engineering with 10 years’ experience, MS with 5 years’ experience, or PhD with 2 years’ experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials science, including elemental and compound semiconductors; quantum wells, wires, and dots; multi-quantum wells and strained-layer superlattices
- Experience modeling materials and devices using commercially available software
- Experience modeling laser-material interactions
- Familiarity with semiconductor fabrication methods
- Familiarity with semiconductor device applications, such as focal plane arrays, light emitting diodes, VCSELs, etc.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Experience with semiconductor device fabrication techniques
- Proven track record demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations
- Experience with the Air Force Research Laboratory
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.