Leidos has a requirement for systems support. Lines of effort shall include direct operational support by facilitating data gathering in highly technical situations, providing engineering design and implementation of data triage capabilities, and providing technical expertise to support the development of the Sponsor’s overarching data acquisition and exploitation strategy. The Team will perform end-to-end quality assurance of data feeds and data sets, and provide engineering support for data triage and assessment.
The Application Developers will design and deploy tactical applications (e.g. web apps) to aid end users in triaging and exploiting data from multiple sources. They will also identify and document areas for improvement in workflows or systems, attend regular stand-up meetings, and provide input to code reviews. The Application Developers will be responsible for supporting related infrastructure and application development initiatives; supporting monitoring, alerting, and reporting out (e.g. dashboards), and supporting new use cases. They will be expected to use appropriate tools and computer programming languages, such as Python scripts, to collect and process data from a variety of sources and use Sponsor-network APIs to programmatically access data and build user-facing applications to work with that data.
- Requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience programming in multiple compiled and interpreted languages including Java, Python, Perl, C, and C++.
- Demonstrated experience with shell scripting, for example, Bash. Demonstrated experience presenting complex information from large-scale graph analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux bash shell scripting. Demonstrated experience automating project builds, for example by writing Makefiles, shell scripts, or Jenkins jobs.
- Demonstrated experience working with application developers to identify and implement infrastructure and deployment requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) development.
- Demonstrated experience with Sponsor’s technical collection.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud services such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Demonstrated experience using automated testing frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience using methods to evade detection when accessing web-based resources.
- Demonstrated experience with automated deployment tools e.g., Jenkins, Docker, CloudFormation.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL or NoSQL databases, such as SQLite, MariaDB, or MongoDB.
- Demonstrated experience with web-based collection platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with data flow quality assurance.
- Mandarin Chinese ability (reading) at the 2 level or higher, based on the Sponsor’s or similar rating scale.
- Demonstrated experience working with users to define requirements for analysts or operational customers.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.