Leidos is seeking a Senior webMethods System Admin/Integration Architect for Baltimore location.
Qualified candidates must be an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience. The candidate will provide hands-on experience with middleware support in AWS environment utilizing the Software AG webMethods solution. The selected candidate will lead webMethods integration with the modern development, integration, and deployment architecture. Candidate should have experience unlocking legacy mainframe services and data for modernization via APIs and understand SOA/microservice architecture. Experience deploying and supporting these application solutions in modern cloud infrastructures such as AWS is mandatory. Knowledge of industry best practices for API catalog management, endpoint design, security requirements and consumer client design and development is required. DevOps experience is a plus, such as Ansible, Jenkins, Docker containers, and Kubernetes
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new innovative technologies, research & author expert recommendations in whitepapers, and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will play a key role in enhancing modern applications or modernizing legacy applications leveraging cloud computing, DevOps, and API first strategy.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, integrate, and implement next-generation web application using engineering best practices in the latest technologies:
- API development (REST, JSON, Microservice architecture)
- Cloud computing/ IAAS (AWS)
- DevOps (Jenkins, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, SonarQube, UrbanCode)
- Perform software installation, configuration, and upgrades to middleware systems
- Assist developer teams in the modernization and re-architecture of legacy applications
- Provide engineering expertise in one or more of these areas: infrastructure as code, disaster recovery, performance tuning & auto-scaling, Mainframe integration, security, networking, high availability and fault resilience
- Troubleshoot and remediate middleware defects regardless of component
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience
- 6+ years of experience with middleware system administration
- 4+ years of experience with SoftwareAG webMethod Suite
- 2+ years of experience with AWS cloud computing
- Experience in an Kanban team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Excellent knowledge of webMethods API gateway and IntegrationServer
- Knowledge of webMethods EntireX, ConnX, ApplinX configuration and setup for mainframe.
- Solid experience installing, configuring, and patching Software AG webMethods suite (API Gateway, IntegrationServer, Portal, CentraSite, Terracotta)
- Experience automating installation, configuration, performance tuning and patches of middleware systems
- Hands on experience with AWS cloud technologies including application monitoring, security & IAM, launching & maintaining EC2 instances, VPC and networking
- Demonstrated knowledge and working experience in Linux (RHEL 7.x)
- Solid experience with Linux scripting (Bash, Korn Shell, etc)
- Basic experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle), and SQL
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
- Preferred experience with API development & monitor tools (Ready API, Swagger, Splunk, Dynatrace)
- Preferred experience with CI/CD (Jenkins) and DevOps (Ansible)
- Preferred experience with PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift / Kubernetes, and Docker containers
- Preferred experience implementing role base security using LDAP / Active Directory.
- Preferred experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.