Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We are currently seeking a Chief Engineer to provide technical leadership, develop Modeling, Simulation &Training (MS&T) solutions and execute programs that modernize distributed simulation and training systems in concert with missions across the DoD.
Some of the engaging things you will be doing:
The position principally focuses on technical program baseline execution and delivery, with additional efforts on technical solutions and pre-proposal efforts to ensure differentiated, executable technical offerings align with MS&T strategy and business objectives.
- Responsible for technical performance within the MS&T Division and ensures that the technical baselines are in place by providing planning, direction, coordination and controls necessary to accomplish contract requirements, with emphasis on software-intensive systems developed utilizing modern, agile DevSecOps processes, and the integration of software and hardware to deliver live, virtual, and constructive training capabilities across a range of missions and operational domains.
- Provides comprehensive systems engineering oversight, analytical and technical support service required to deliver a broad range of MS&T solutions. Overseeing all requirements, design tradeoffs, development, article testing, operational acceptance, and transition.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, focused on synthetic training in advanced mission applications, from mid-TRL capabilities to continuous delivery and operational sustainment.
- Provides technical execution leadership on a combination of customer- and internally-funded programs and projects. Applies and advances application of systems engineering and digital engineering approaches and tools.
- Works with and mentors technical staff, and coordinates closely with Business Development personnel to understand customer needs; leads development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results through capture and proposal.
- Leads work of other technical staff and has significant impact on project results/outputs.
- Works to secure cross-organization buy-in on solutions that move from current practices toward agreement/acceptance of new concepts, practices, and approaches.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical area and 17+ years related experience; or Master's degree and 15+ years of related experience; or a Doctorate with 13+ years of related experience.
- Requires a proven broad technical background and experience in software-intensive programs and projects utilizing modern software practices, and in delivering integrated hardware and software systems for DoD M&S and training systems that achieve program technical, schedule, and cost objectives.
- Demonstrated experience leading design and implementation of complex IT solutions on programs
- Experience working with DoD MS&T customers, in particular program management and technical leadership.
- Experience leading and developing technical and engineering talent and teams to achieve program/project goals that align with strategy and business objectives.
- Experience leading the development of innovative solutions in support of major capture and proposal efforts, balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
- A broad understanding of MS&T technology, current and emerging missions, and agile DevSecOps methodologies, with focus on application to distributed simulation and training, including classified systems with multiple levels of classification.
- Experience in creation of white papers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating the thought leadership capabilities of the organization, as well as supporting various marketing and business development efforts through customer interaction.
- Strong communication skills, clearly articulating technical messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
- Position requires US citizenship and an active Secret clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a TS/SCI security clearance.
These preferred skills are a definite plus:
- Recent demonstrated experience in a technical leadership role executing MS&T programs
- Direct experience working with key Air Force, Army, and/or Navy and related government organizations, with an ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Understanding of internal Leidos MS&T capabilities and limitations.
Demonstrated expertise in Model Based Systems Engineering and application of Digital Engineering principals.
Experience in support of and participation in transition of programs from capture/proposal to execution.
Experience engaging in business development and capture efforts in the role of Solution Architect.
Familiarity with secured data including multi-level classified data.
Active TS/SCI security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.