Meaningful work with minimal administration
Military families deal with unique challenges and sacrifices while serving their country. At Leidos, we make it our mission to help military members, veterans, and their families work through important military life adjustments though highly confidential school counseling.
While helping America's finest and their families, MFLC counselors also benefit from:
- No insurance to file
- No progress notes
- No treatment plans
- No office to maintain
- Flexible 40-hour work weeks
- Paid federal holidays
- Face-to-face non-medical counseling to military service members and their families (Individual, Couples, Family, Children).
- Recommending appropriate referrals and handoffs to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials.
- Communicates information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
- A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA)
- Minimum 5 years of post-master’s supervised clinical experience
- *Licensure at the independent practice level (LCSW, LMFT, LPC LCPC, LMHC)
- School Counselors must demonstrate past experience working in a school setting or other Child/Youth Services setting.
- Able to obtain CNACI security clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with the military culture
- *Additionally: Consideration will be given to applicants meeting the education and experience requirements above who are license eligible and requiring clinical supervision toward licensure.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Certified Career Counselors
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.