Leidos is looking for a highly skilled SQL Database Engineer who can design, manage, and monitor database and also can write and manage programs and scripts for large scale data stores for government customer. The candidate should have agile development experience with lean cross functional team to quickly provide solution that meets customer requirements.
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
- Development: Hands on experience in relational database programming in Microsoft SQL server, T-SQL, Stored procedures, data modeling skills. Experience in developing and troubleshooting SSIS packages, develop and improve SSRS reports, write stored procedures and functions.
- Multi-Cloud Data Stores: Manage program's Multi-cloud data stores capability spanning AWS and Azure cloud environments. Monitor server and database performance and ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes while meeting the necessary SLAs. Also develop and maintain accurate system documentation.
- Data Catalog and Metadata Management: Experience in Data Management practices including data catalog, data dictionary and metadata management.
- Database Management & Security: Experience in Installing, configuring, patching and upgrading SQL servers and its components such as SSRS, SSIS and SSRS. Able to implement database security and audits at server and database level. Create database maintenance plans, jobs, perform backups and restores, data integrity checks and DR solutions.
- Troubleshooting & New Tools evaluation: Proactively identify, fix and improve various kinds of performance issues in production. Assist team in timely resolution of issues. Always open and willing to learn new technologies, software tools and required skill sets and provide recommendations / improvements.
- Facilitate Communication & Transparency: support communication, integration, and transparency across the team. Be able to handle multiple priority tasks at the same time.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 4+ years of SQL server database management
- 2+ years agile development experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance
- Must have good interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills
- Business Intelligence & Dashboard Development: Experience in developing and maintaining user-friendly PowerBI and Tableau dashboards displaying program metrics from multiple sources, generate ad-hoc data analysis reports for management and customer
- Data Analysis & Reporting: Data analysis is key for the program across the teams. Experience in data analysis and notification of volume trends and significant spikes; monitor database traffic and support AI/ML team
- Programming: Ability to develop using any program language is a plus and preferably .Net development experience
- Streaming Analytics: Exposure to building real-time data streaming data pipelines and be able to analyze the data in near-real time
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.