Leidos is seeking a System Engineering Lead for the System Engineering Department on the Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) program. TFDM is a management system that will improve aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS).
TFDM functions include:
• Surface Collaborative Decision making (SCDM), departure scheduler and other airport decision tools
• Electronic Flight Data (EFD);
• Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS)
• Replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System (NAS).
• TFDM will share data among: controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
• Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air, the ability to exchange data electronically, with the goal of a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources, making flights more efficient from gate to gate.
System Engineering Lead Responsibilities:
• Supporting the first line manager of this department as a deputy, leading and handling specific assigned tasks to include Control Account Manager (CAM) activities, proposal / change order activities, leadership/oversight over technical team activities (as needed), supporting staffing activities, and act as back-up to first line manager. The candidate will be required to have a sound background in systems engineering/software development and the full development lifecycle.
• Responsibilities as a Department Lead will be in support of the first line manager and may encompass the following:
o Control Account Manager (CAM) activities, as delegated by the first line manager, to include weekly schedule status, monthly cost/estimate to complete analysis and status, variance analysis and reports/explanations, baseline change requests (BCRs), and other miscellaneous CAM requests.
o Support to any staffing and hiring activities, as delegated by the first line manager, to include screening, interviewing and evaluating candidates. Provide support to the first line manager in Cost Estimating, Workload and Manpower planning activities, including authoring Basis of Estimates (BOEs), in support of Department's current and future business needs on the program (e.g. proposals and task order preparation).
o Support planning of engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and tracking of metrics for the department.
o Take on leadership tasks, as delegated by the first line manager, to drive team activities to complete on schedule. Demonstrate experience in providing technical oversight over a SE/Product team. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8+ years of professional experience; or 6+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an emerging authority.
• SE/SW Technical Leadership experience Strong Organization / Time management - Demonstrated ability to multi-task Background and application experience with Software engineering
• Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle
• Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills Ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity.
• Prior experience in a technical leadership role that requires significant coordination across multiple functional areas.
• Prior experience with cost accounting / earned value management/ownership, Project Planning and Cost estimating experience
• Experience in team building, strategic planning, customer focus, conflict resolution, and coaching.
• Prior experience in the SE or SW process, process improvement, SE/SW metrics tracking / affordability initiatives
• Experience with execution under Waterfall and/or Agile development methodologies
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.