Leidos Operational Accounting is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager for a highly visible role leading our inventory accounting team. The Accounting Manager will report to the Accounting and Business Operations Senior Manager. In this role the ideal candidate will be involved in the department’s Inventory accounting function, review and apply accounting guidance to real world situations, work collaboratively with employees, vendors and customers often in a global environment. The Accounting Manager will also be responsible for training and managing three direct reports on the inventory accounting team. The position will require the Manager to present to senior leadership from time to time. The role will employ a number of duties in the areas of accounting, financial reporting and process improvement.
Please note that this is mainly a full time telework position. If you reside near a Leidos Accounting Hub (Arizona, Tennessee, Virginia, Alabama), there may be opportunities to engage with the teams on-site on an as needed basis.
- Performing technical research and its application to complex inventory accounting situations
- High level of customer service within our team and among other teams we work with by creating transparent processes, effective communications, and developing ways to eliminate process bottlenecks.
- Preparation and approval of journal entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Own the inventory accounting team’s monthly reconciliation process and general ledger review to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Analytical comparisons of expected results to actuals
- Lead the inventory accounting team in proactively monitoring and analyzing the Company’s periodic inventory balances
- Collaborate with business partners to set up and maintain inventory projects within the Company’s financial systems
- Liaison with program teams to ensure periodic inventory transactions are appropriately recorded and remediate issues identified
- Provide support for the preparation of the Company’s 10Q/10K SEC filings and quarterly supplemental reporting
- Recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Participate in ad-hoc projects/tasks such as internal/external audit requests, department goals and initiatives and other special projects as needed
- Oversee completion and updates to inventory standard operating processes for Leidos inventory locations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with generally 8 years of prior accounting experience in Accounting.
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles, specifically, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and self-motivated to independently study accounting concepts.
- Experience with and knowledge of ASC 330 and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Ability to work in deadline driven conditions with ability to juggle shifting priorities
- Commitment to team goals and deadlines with the willingness to work extended items during key times when required
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve.
- Strong computer skills including proficient experience with Microsoft Excel and experience with Robotics Process Automation.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-driven with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with others with minimal oversight
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel
- Have background and experience with technical inventory accounting topics
- Prior experience working at or with a publicly traded company
- CPA / CMA Certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Oracle Analytics Cloud/Toad experience
- Government contract experience
- Experience with Costpoint and the Costpoint Manufacturing Module
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.