A Program Manager with a proven track record in system integration is required to ensure the control, alignment, risk management, integration, optimisation, tracking, financial management, infrastructure planning, and improvement of all projects and programs.
You will oversee scheduling, pricing, and technical performance and assist with proposal development, contract negotiation and contract compliance. Proposal preparation may include assisting with plans, specifications and financial terms of the contract.
At times, you may be required to assist with business development initiatives.
You will ensure master plans and schedules are followed, developing solutions to program challenges, and directing others for successful completion of project on time and on budget.
- Overseeing structure, processes and procedures to accomplish objectives, which include metrics of success and deliverables.
- Alignment of projects with a top-down vision, directing goals and objectives from a business strategy, flowing through to successful completion of projects for program objectives.
- Assurance via checks and balances for compliance with standards and vision alignment.
- Regular reviews of accountability and successful management of project, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Review of performance across program platforms to achieve the best functional and technical value.
- Cost tracking program component costs with overall program administration costs.
- Resource allocation across office, version control and IT infrastructure for successful completion of program objectives.
- Planning projects, resources, timescales, monitoring and control.
- Improvement through ongoing performance assessment, research and development of new capabilities, and systematic application of knowledge for program success
- Help establish and implement streamlined processes and procedures that support Program Management strategies and direction.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A proven track record in management of relevant and financially comparable projects
- Specialist training or education in Electronic Engineering with a career that commenced within an operational engineering role
- Able to build relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve the successful completion of projects
- Focused & customer driven
- Commercially aware
- Strong process improvement background
- Experience driving strategic planning
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.