Leidos is seeking an experienced and motivated Software Team Lead to work on Department of Defense (DoD) Virtual Simulation Training contracts in the Orlando FL area, near OIA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill to work on the Common Driver Trainer (CDT) program. The CDT program safely delivers driver training for life threatening conditions, ultimately saving lives through well trained vehicle operators. As the Software Lead, you will work closely with the Program Software Lead and Chief Architect to lead program software teams to compose, enhance, debug, deliver and document major CDT components and procedures. You will lead software teams through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, code and unit test, hardware and software integration.
- Lead a team in agile processes and Secure Development Operations (SecDevOps) best practices
- Participate in sprint execution
- Plan, estimate and lead development tasks
- Communicate software progress in Agile and/or Waterfall processes with all stakeholders
- Lead a team to deliver software components on time, at full capability
- Synchronize software actions and efforts with program management, hardware design, production, integration, test, maintenance and on site delivery.
- Own the delivery of a system component or application
- Break down large tasks into smaller tasks that can be executed by your development team
- Work closely with hardware, test, production engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined, but always considers the customer first
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex components
- Resolve roadblocks for your development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers
- Must have 3+ years C++ and JAVA experience.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8 years of software engineering experience or a Masters with 6 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong experience in Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
- Experience delivering a system component or application
- Experience serving as a software team lead
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Git, Confluence
- Knowledge of continuous integration, delivery, and automated test tools such as Jenkins, JUnit & Selenium
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Windows, LINUX, etc.)
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns
- Must be able to work well in a distributed, remote team as well as working directly on simulation system hardware when necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work to a predetermined sprint schedule and to specific customer requirements.
- Ability to execute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Experience with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Experience developing and delivering modern software, including virtual machines.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification (e.g. Certified SAFe Agilist) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Active DoD security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.