The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) within the Defense Group of Leidos has an opportunity for a Training and Development Specialist with extensive instructional design experience in a broad-spectrum of applications to include the development of Training Support Packages, POIs, and examinations. In this role, he/she will coordinate cross-functional efforts to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required. The candidate will also provide support to functional areas including training needs analysis, implementation planning, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and validation/verification activities and will interface with government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. This position will be located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and transform low/high-level design artifacts into fieldable, Soldier-led documentation.
• Develop Training Support Packages (TSP) that validate customer driven requirements are being met
• Participation in course development and delivery
• Publication validation, verification, and Logistics Demonstration (LD) process development and support
• Comprehend and apply all course objectives and learning steps
• Analyze and document customer training needs
• Respond to participant needs both during and outside of course delivery
• Assist in the development of documentation for Contract Deliverable Requirements Lists (CDRLs)
• Determine the learning strategies required to meet the learning needs of the customer
• Coordinate and communicate with US Army UAS stakeholders and end users as well as with the internal and external customer and leadership
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• Experience in training or instructional design
• Ability to understand and meet lesson objectives
• Experience using Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM)
• Experience developing Training Support Packages for the US Armed Forces
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
• Experience with the ADDIE development model
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
• Willing to relocate to Huntsville, Alabama if not local
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• Experience developing training materials, technical manuals, and logistics support documentation
• Knowledge of Instructional Systems Design
• Knowledge of Kirkpatrick’s learning model
• Experience with US Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
• Army Instructor Basic Course or equivalent
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.