Leidos Cyber and Sigint Solutions Operations is seeking a broadly experienced Chief Engineer/Solutions Architect to support a Department of Defense contract to manage multiple concurrent tasks to support the operations and maintenance, new engineering, technical refresh, new system improvement and modernization activities, and other major changes. The successful candidate will be the lead technical person on the program and expected to advise and guide the technical staff in current and new technology and solutions and how they can be applied to both current “as built” configuration changes as well as integrated into the Customer’s modernization plan. The candidate will support, as needed, solution and architecture development to other portfolio new business and re-compete opportunities as they occur.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Communicate and interface with Customers, Leidos Program Management, Technical leads and Subject Matter Experts to provide Program status and to jointly present, lead, and work program issues, and technical solutions.
- Ensure that assessment of new performance work requests include all stakeholders, are properly sized, and submitted on time to the customer.
- Provide engineering and technical expertise on all issues, performance work requests, system improvement efforts, and operations and maintenance activities.
- Collaborates with customer, stakeholders, and integrator team members to bring solution options and drive decisions on the way ahead to meet customer needs
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Leidos partners, key vendors, and within Leidos to seek, qualify and leverage the best ideas, solutions and models to meet customer needs.
- Twenty (20) years’ experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of a project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a customer environment collaboratively through constraints to meet mission milestones.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and management to include presentation and experience discussing technology at large government agency CIO/CTO executive level
- Experience and working knowledge is as many of the following technologies is desired. While not required, candidates that have some or all of these skills will be considered significantly more positive than candidates with none of this experience.
- Data center consolidation
- Server virtualization,
- Amazon web services
- Application cloud migrations
- Repeatable process automation,
- Modern database/data warehouse optimization technology
- Business rules and data processing of captured data.
- Life cycle management and 5 year road map technology refresh for networks and data center infrastructure
Must possess one of the following qualifications:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate-Server 2008 (MCSA-Serv); Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate-Server 2012 (MCSA-Serv); Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP); NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA); XML Master Basic (XML); Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE); Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA); VMWare Certified Professional (Vsphere 5) – VCP5; EMC Isilon Storage Professional (ICSP); Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Tibco Trained Professional-Enterprise Message Service (TTP-EMS); Riverbed Certified Solutions Professional (RCSP)
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.