Leidos is currently seeking a part-time Security Architecture/Engineer for the US Army Intelligence Community in Alexandria, VA.
The successful IA professional will be supporting Army Intelligence programs in the area of IA Engineering and RMF Accreditation. This IA professional individual should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, highly self-motivated, and be able to work individually or with team members on various IA tasks across multiple integrated systems. The position will require access to the ACOP eMASS entry on SIPR and will support the ongoing SCA-V accreditation. The position supports the Army ACICA IA lead at INSCOM, Ft. Belvoir.
- Provide design, analysis, and engineering solutions for meeting applicable IA requirements and controls, and Defense-in-Depth protection throughout the life-cycle.
- Develop and maintain RMF Security Controls outlined in the ACOP Security Plan.
- Support continuous monitoring capabilities based on Army best practices.
- Perform IA testing utilizing approved DoD applicable security technical implementation guides (STIGS) and Checklists, NIST special publications, NSA Guides, and automated tools. These tools include but not limited to Nessus scanners, Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts, and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checkers. Manual checklists include but not limited to Web, DBMS, VMware, , Application Development/Services, etc.
- Perform vulnerability assessments, and provide and support mitigation solutions of discovered applicable vulnerabilities.
- Document network security diagrams, data flows, and ports protocols and services (PPS)
- Develop required IA policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for implementing and configuring IA technical controls, including Identification and Authentication (I&A), Discretionary Access Controls (DAC), Auditing, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Encryption, and continuous monitoring.
- Support IA within the configuration management (CM) process.
- Interface with developers, integrators, and technical personnel regarding IA controls and requirements
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline and 4+ years relevant experience conducting IA activities.
- Possess and maintain a DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Hold a CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional Certificate
- Ability to think independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC )
- CISSP preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.