The Health Group of Leidos is seeking a Health Educator in Atlanta, GA. This position will serve as a member of the Post-Acute Care Team (PACT) of the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) and will be concerned with efforts to plan, develop, distribute, and coordinate training of NHSN users. The NHSN is a surveillance application used by healthcare facilities to monitor and report healthcare-associated infection (HAI) data. Training of users is required to optimize data accuracy and usability for federal healthcare reimbursement purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead planning for all NHSN trainings, including annual 5-day NHSN training.
· Coordinate with leadership on planning, proposal development, budget, execution, maintenance of contract(s) with external vendors for training events and training tools.
· Manage the design, development, implementation and evaluation of all online education and training projects.
· Collaborate with subject matter experts in the development of trainings.
· Deliver regular updates to NHSN team on project plans, development and implementation of training modules and the achievement of milestones to various. Regularly collect and address questions and feedback from these stakeholders.
· Assess and analyze NHSN training gaps through surveys, interviews with subject matter experts, NHSN-user feedback, and consultation with managers and/or needs assessments.
· Oversee calendar of training events for NHSN planning and CMS reporting purposes
· Evaluate training materials prepared by subject matter experts, such as outlines, PowerPoints and handouts.
· Collaborate with Continuing Education and Accreditation team to provide CE credits for NHSN training activities.
· Participate in the development and maintenance of NHSN educational tools and resources.
· Collaborate with internal and external customers and partners to meet NHSN training needs within the resources available.
· Provide user support for training questions received from NHSN users or agencies/organizations collecting HAI data
· Maintain awareness of NHSN surveillance definition and protocol updates to ensure training materials remain current.
· Assess new streams/methods of communication that may be used to meet the educational needs of NHSN users and advocate for innovative learning solutions to meet user needs.
- BA/BS degree required with 8+ years of experience or a Master’s Degree with 6+ years of experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Health Education or Education degree preferred
- Public health or clinical healthcare experience preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a NACI clearance.
Adult Learning/ Education
Knowledge of LMS (Learning Management Systems)
Section 508 Compliance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.