Leidos is hiring an Asset Database Manager to specifically manage and maintain our asset database which contains information about server hardware and software licenses in support our ESA V program in Washington, DC. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing. The successful candidate will report to the Mission IT Manager, and will be responsible for ensuring that asset database within ServiceNow is functioning, accurate, and complete, for both hardware and software.
Specific responsibilities include:
- The candidate will utilize the ServiceNow Information Technology Operations Management (ITOM) Enterprise capability and implement Discovery functionality to populate and maintain the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB) with our customer’s server hardware assets. This will involve coordination with the server, storage, database, and cloud networking teams to ensure comprehensive discovery of all assets and their related software, successful capture of asset data into ServiceNow, and ongoing validation and maintenance as enterprise IT assets are created and decommissioned. Since our customer’s workstation and mobile assets are already maintained in the ServiceNow CMDB, this will provide our customer with one database which contains all ESA V assets.
- The candidate will utilize the databases within the Leidos-provided ESA V ServiceNow environment to perform software asset management for our customer servers in the Cloud hosting environment. He or she will utilize the ServiceNow Software Asset Management Professional (SAM Pro) capability to populate, maintain and manage the software licenses for Government Furnished Software (GFS) associated with the customer servers. Since workstation software licenses are already maintained in the ServiceNow SAM Pro database, this will provide our customer with one database which contains all ESA V software license data.
- The candidate will manage and maintain the database containing records relating to software license management for our customer’s server hardware and software assets in their Cloud Hosting environment.
- The candidate will utilize database functions within ServiceNow to perform hardware asset management for our customer’s servers in the Cloud hosting environment and consolidate our customer’s enterprise IT asset information into the Leidos-provided ESA V ServiceNow environment.
- The Asset Database Manager candidate will provide weekly database extracts to Leidos Management and the Federal Division’s Property Custodian to make certain the government’s property accounting system is updated in a timely manner with accurate updates. They will also be responsible for assisting with and obtaining the Personal property forms for transferring all equipment that holds data. Other responsibilities include managing the location used to store received equipment, as well as equipment that must be excessed and picked up for disposal.
- The Asset Database Manager will utilize the configuration management database to reconcile the equipment inventory with awarded maintenance contracts, with the goal of ensuring that all equipment is covered by maintenance contracts, and that contracts are not maintained for equipment that is no longer in use, building database features which automate this type of reporting.
- In addition, the Asset Database Manager will track manage and maintain a database of software licenses and maintenance agreements, and build reports to provide the Asset Manager Lead and the Government staff with information about when the agreements expire. The individual selected for this position will also utilize his or her database management skills to track any software media which is received by the customer.
- Other similar/related responsibilities as may be assigned. The overall Mission IT team is responsible for a variety of functions related to supporting our end users, and our expectation is that individuals will work as part of an integrated team to provide maximum value to our customer. This might include assisting the Leidos team and the Government in inventory awareness by using the configuration management database to conduct periodic inventory spot checks to validate the accuracy of asset location information with timely and accurate updates in ServiceNow. The supporting candidate could also assist the team in the Move/Add/Change process and in managing maintenance agreements within the SNOW databases.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of prior relevant experience providing enterprise-level asset management of at least 1,000 employees (preferably to a Federal Government organization). High School diploma with additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance. Position will not start for selected candidate until clearance comes in.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Prior experience with ServiceNow (Request, CMDB, and Incidents)
- Basic understanding of ITIL foundational concepts, ITSM based ticketing, and customer service
- Must be team oriented and have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer expectation management
- Current Public Trust or higher security clearance
- Prior experience supporting a Federal customer
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.