This Electronics/Fiber Optics Technician will support fabrication and quality assurance of specialized oceanographic equipment. The technician will regularly fabricate electrical subassemblies, solder surface mount components, and create wire harness assemblies, as well as assemble complex mechanical/electrical assemblies, while following engineering specifications and drawings. The technician will be handling, splicing, and testing fiber optic continuity. Lastly, this technician will have collateral duties in learning and performing specialized, meticulous fiber optic winding processes.
Electronics Technician Support:
- Solder to specifications.
- Solder surface mount components including 0402 and QFN packages.
- Create wire harnesses and cable assemblies to specifications.
- Obtain solder certifications within 5 months.
General Assembly & Fabrications:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and build to them.
- Follow and log information in work orders.
- Complete configuration and issue logs during builds.
Fiber Optic Assembly & Testing:
- Learn specialized fiber-optic techniques.
- Handle, splice and test fiber optic connections.
Fiber Winding: (collateral duty, approx. 10%)
- Learn proprietary winding processes.
- Obtain fiber optics certifications within 5 months.
- Operate a winding machine for prolonged windings (approx. 8 hours)
- Provide quality control oversight and complete work orders.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizen.
- SECRET security clearance required
- Handle HAZMAT materials, such as adhesives, solvents and polyurethane.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Maintaining and working in clean workspaces.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.