The Leidos Airborne Sensors & Analytics division has an opening for a Systems Engineer at Hurlburt Field, FL. The selected candidate will serve as a member of an Engineering Team and support multiple projects across the division, focused on the systems engineering of mission systems within or in support of aircraft platforms. As a subject matter expert you will inject into each phase of the Systems Development Lifecycle to include but not limited to design, integration, testing, and associated documentation. Primary duties are technical and include standup and maintenance of hardware, software, and appliance system design, development, integration, testing, and documentation. The individual must have a strong background in systems engineering or related information technology field. The primary location for the position is at Hurlburt Field, FL, however, individual can also be considered for Cannon AFB, NM or Colorado Springs, CO.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain systems engineering design, integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation/diagrams documentation and diagrams
• Support engineers of other disciplines in the design, integration, and security posture of products
• Assist ISSM in the development and maintenance of multiple accreditation packages
• Contribute to pre, peri, and post Authority to Operate (ATO) assessments
• Assist with other systems engineering activities as directed by supervisor
• Develop test plans that validate requirements
Basic qualifications to be considered for position are:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience
• Have an active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Must have DoD 8570 certifications of IAT Level II or higher or IAM Level I or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, CISSP, CISM)
• Will require 25% travel annually
• Hands on experience with hardware and software integration, testing, and troubleshooting
• Hands on experience with Windows environments and/or Linux systems
• Proficient with MS Office products to include Visio
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient interpersonal skills as part of a team and capable of working independently
• Familiarity with NIST RMF SP 800-53
• Experience with virtualized environments, multi-level security solutions, and cross domain solutions
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.