Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We are currently seeking a Program Manager in Omaha/Bellevue, NE.
In this role, you are responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. Duties may include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints. This position requires consistent interfacing with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel. Additionally, the PM establishes and implements tactical and operational plans with significant impact on the achievement of corporate functional results. The PM will develop short-to mid-term strategies to ensure that functional results are achieved.
- The PM is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile software that provide exceptional value to users.
- Directs all activities that have significant impact on the achievement of results.
- Ensure successful management of program and ensures complete transparency for the customer
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans that ensures efficient use of resources.
- Establish, maintain and expand strong customer relationships via face-to-face meetings, informal tag-ups, and open communication with senior level government officials
- Resolve highly complex problems that typically involve multiple customers quickly and with limited information.
- Collaborate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
- Conduct briefings with senior leaders on the project or in the job function.
- Collaborate with government Product Owners and functional managers to segment current requirements into the appropriate story and release stages
- Support the government customer in managing customer expectations for program deliverables, stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of program governance
- Use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional program management principles and practices with an Agile development approach
- Requires an active DoD Secret clearance for consideration
- BS degree in a technical discipline with 8+ years of relevant experience including 4+ years as a Program Manager leading successful efforts of similar nature, complexity, and size
- Requires deep management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-unit project or program teams or manage across multiple functions.
- Typically has mastery within a specific technical or professional area or broad expertise across multiple related disciplines.
- Experience in full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional program management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions
- Experience overseeing multi-functional teams with at least 10-20 team members
- Experience providing leadership to development teams and able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex risks/issues, and provide recommendations for project improvement
- Experience with managing contract details, including estimating, scheduling, budgeting, issue resolution, and authoring proposals/statements of work
- PMP certification
- MA or MS, 6+ years of experience as a Program Manager leading Agile software development teams
- Experience with USSTRATCOM domain
- PMI-ACP, CSM, Lean Six Sigma, or equivalent certification
- Top-Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.