Leidos is hiring a Senior DB2 Database / SQL Developer for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. As our DB2 Developer, you will work closely with the application development team in an Agile environment. You will provide day to day database development activities which includes the management of database objects and the creation and tuning of SQL queries.
Day to Day Duties:
- Candidate will participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. The candidate will apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
- Candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, database development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
- Work closely with the development team to implement database changes, write and tune SQL, and Load/Unload Data, and Maintain test data.
- The position will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities.
- Experience with z/OS DB2 Database Development
- 4 years DB2 experience including loading, unloading, database backups and maintaining tables
- SDLC software development experience
- 4 years experience writing and running SQL queries batch.
- 4 years experience using QMF
- 4 years experience using SPUFI
- 4 years experience creating and maintaining JCL
- Analyze troubleshoot and remediate data integrity issues.
- Experience diagnosing problems, and troubleshooting.
- Experience providing support for database problem resolution, and recovery.
- Experience providing analytical and technical support to multiple technical teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Agile project experience
Leidos delivers services and technical leadership for mission-critical federal government, public sector and private sector programs. This opportunity is within our Health organization supporting our customer, the Social Security Administration. The opportunity is located in Baltimore, on the west side of town near 695, Route 26, and Security Blvd.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.