The Radar and Electronics Warfare Group at Leidos in Ridgecrest, CA is seeking a well-qualified and experienced Senior RF Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your engineering skills to support the Navy's Aircrew Electronic Warfare Tactical Training Ranges (AEWTTR) mission. In this mission we provide RF engineering support for design, modification, and maintenance of ground radar and associated devices for the Navy's aircrew Electronic Warfare (EW) training capability. Our organization designs, manufactures, integrates, and provides depot level support for a wide variety of EW threat simulation systems that are part of the training infrastructure that ensures our Navy aircrews are the most effective in the world. The AEWTTR RF engineering team is responsible for designing, prototyping, and integrating radar transmitters and subsystems such as Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTA), magnetrons, solid-state amplifiers and modulators into Electronic Warfare training simulators.
Requires an BS and 8+ years relevant experience or a Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience with the following:
• Experience Radar Systems and theory, 10 years minimum.
• Radar Transmitters such as TWTA, Magnetron, Solid State Amplifiers, or Solid State Modulators. High Voltage Power Supplies that incorporate solid state switching.
• Radar Receivers, RF down converters, and associated controls of a digital receiver processing.
• Microwave Waveguide subsystems for radar and Antennas.
• Mono-pulse or phased array radar antennas and fit antenna interfaces.
• Antenna Pedestals and pedestal controls, target tracking and servo systems and servo loops.
• Ethernet and Serial Data interface of system components
• Camera Subsystems
• GPS position, heading and timing subsystems
• PC interfaces of radar controls in USB formats.
• Microsoft Windows enviroment
• Strong written and oral skills
• Possess a valid state driver's license
• Experience with AN/GPQ-11 ground radar systems
• Experience with US Military or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) radar systems
• Understanding military technical requirements and engineering processes
• Portable AC generators
• Works well with a team, customers, subcontractors, manufacturers and vendors that supply subsystems, components and parts
• Communications (multiplexer, equipment, VHF, UHF, Microwave, fiber-optic
• Computer Aided Design (CAD)
• Experience working with TCTS/TACTS/ACMI/MDS/EW environment
• Leads the team in the design and development of RF circuitry used in high frequency and microwave applications, including receivers, transmitters, antenna, servos, displays and frequency synthesizers.
• Prepares test methods and specifications; analyzes and tests RF hardware to verify performance characteristics.
• Provides input to product development for formal documentation and supports manufacturing during the deliverable assembly and test phase. In addition, develops RF System/Subsystem Architectures consisting of antennas, transmitters, receivers, low-noise amplifiers, RF conversion elements and transmission line equipment.
• Develops and allocates RF system and subsystem functional and performance requirements. Identifies and tracks RF technical performance measurements.
• Supports Life Cycle Costs, reliability, availability and maintainability analysis.
• Leads the team in concept, design, modification, and maintenance of electronic devices, project management, systems integration, configuration management, overhaul, and technical writing.
• Provide project support as assigned, to include engineering, design, fabrication, cost analysis, procurement, installation, configuration change, development, documentation, surveying, and integration of approved projects.
• Provide new requirements support as assigned, to include engineering and/or integration of system modifications, range reconfigurations, and range infrastructure. These activities are further defined as those relative to Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), SEPs, and Software Test Reports (STRs), and the planning, proposal, and implementation of modifications, improvements and upgrades.
• Provide support to the Configuration Management (CM) program to ensure that applicable CM standards are adhered to.
• Support capture of domestic and international new business opportunities as part of a proposal team.
• Participates in the generation of Project Proposals and associated Cost Estimates for new Projects in response to Government Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.