Leidos is seeking a Java Developer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of software that improves aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS).
The Terminal Flight Data Management (TFDM) program is a Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) NextGen program based on airport surface management that provides efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace through a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
TFDM functions include:
• Surface Collaborative Decision making (SCDM), departure scheduler and other airport decision tools
• Electronic Flight Data (EFD);
• Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS)
• Replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System (NAS).
• TFDM will share data among controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
• Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air, the ability to exchange data electronically, with the goal of a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources, making flights more efficient from gate to gate.
Java Developer Responsibilities:
Working as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will:
• Develop and maintain FAA air traffic control display software in the object oriented Java environment on a Red Hat Linux platform.
• Provide full software development lifecycle support with Java technology (design, code, unit test, string test, code review, deployment, problem report analysis and resolution)
• Provide requirements review for system engineering
• Develop software design for enhancements and new features
• Understand and apply coding standards
• Ability to lead a team of three to five developers and make software deliveries on time.
• Support less experienced members of the team with learning tools and technologies.
• Complete FAA compliance training as required by the customer.
• Required a Bachelor’s of Science degree Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/ Information Systems/Information Technology or related Field and 4+ years of Java experience or Master’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Excellent hands on experience with:
Java, Log4j, Google protocol buffers, XML, XSD, XSLT, JSON, Git
Testing and debugging with Junit, Mockito, Powermock, VisualVM
Development in a Linux environment using Eclipse or IntelliJ
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Strong analytical skills, self-motivated, and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic.
• More than a willingness to learn... a desire to be a go to person for upcoming technologies.
• Experience with both Server side and Client side application development.
• Experience with Agile software development methodology and sprint lifecycle.
• Experience using JIRA for issue tracking and project tracking.
• Familiarity with JMS middleware such as ActiveMQ, OpenMQ, or Solace.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.