The Program Manager will lead coordination, management, and execution of all program activities associated with assigned product delivery contract(s) and related projects during the full lifecycle of programs/projects. This includes delivery of products and/or services in accordance with program requirements, leading customer communications as the primary interface, cost/technical/schedule management ownership, program P&L ownership, new business/development support, and corresponding new business activities
- Responsible for managing cost, schedule, and technical performance of major programs/service in accordance with company and industry best practices for program management across the program lifecycle.
- Plans, organizes and integrates company resources required to successfully manage the program(s) and meet contractual obligations including leading functional team in execution of all contractual obligations. This is done through development of a PM plan, defining scope, planning, developing cost and risk plans, procurement, manufacturing, performing QC, testing, delivering product according to customer defined schedule of deliveries, and working the program through final payment.
- Develop strong partnerships across the Division and functional teams (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Legal, and Quality)
- Establishes goals and objectives related to program support for the functional and program team; obtains their commitments to those goals; and, tracks progress.
- Program P&L ownership including developing and holding to financial goals.
- Main interface to the internal Product Management group working with customers
- Identifies business development and value added sales opportunities related to programs, supports product management efforts to manage the lifecycle of products and/or services including improvements, enhancement and obsolescence, and supports negotiations with customers.
- Reports program status to all stakeholders prepares and presents periodic status reports and monthly Program Management Reviews with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Monitors program readiness for achieving deliverables, and makes necessary adjustments to achieve deliverables are compliant, on time and within budget.
- Driving a culture of precision-delivery, integrity, and high accountability for meeting plans.
- Effectively lead program support personnel as needed to achieve programmatic and organization goals.
- Develops and implements strategic improvement initiatives for delivery programs
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering, or Business Administration.
- A minimum of 8 to 12 years of related experience.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive and effective customer relationships, representing Leidos as a trusted partner.
- Proven ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams and relationships in a matrix environment; influence people outside of direct reporting relationships/levels; and, communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with internal and external customers.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and customers is essential.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office applications
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and measurements to program management e.g., ROI, earned value management, net present value etc.
- Must be able to successfully negotiate pricing, terms and conditions with range of suppliers and customers.
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering environments with knowledge of MRP systems and Configuration Management principles
- Understanding of global business and US specific government business.
- Security Requirement: This position may require vetting by US Department of Homeland Security. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.
- PMP® Certification is greatly preferred. Highly relevant and successful Program/Project Management experience may be considered as an alternative.
- Must be able to travel on regular basis a minimum of fifteen percent (15%) of the time to key customers and suppliers.
- Experience with development, installation, delivery, maintenance/warranty, and/or management of security detection & automation equipment. Specific experience on Leidos SD&A equipment preferred, other TSA equipment or relevant industry experience considered.
- Experience in obtaining various permits, licenses, and certifications, etc. for contract requirements.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.