Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As Sr. ServiceNow Developer CMDB Specialist, you will perform configuration, development, support and maintenance of the ServiceNow implementation. Works with external and internal stakeholders to understand, propose, and deliver digital transformation solutions with emphasis on request fulfillment, automated workflows through ServiceNow Service Catalogs and key ITIL processes like Request, Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge and other modules.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Provides application support for the configuration, customization and administration of the ServiceNow CMDB.
- Deploys core functionality in an out-of-the-box ServiceNow CMDB system
- Configures and maintains reconciliation, normalization and administers CMDB and establishes integrations with data sources as needed.
- Implements ServiceNow CMDB technology and architectural concepts.
- Provides extensive knowledge of technology, architectural concepts, and service definitions.
- Performs analysis of the processes, and documents and develops workflows for system functionality and customization.
- Recommends data standardization/normalization processes based on data and requirements to ensure data is effectively imported and maintained in a CMDB
- Establishes and documents service data models.
- Promotes best practice implementations of a Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Provides extensive knowledge of asset management, configuration management, and change management processes.
- Analyzes data and develops mapping schemas.
- Analyzes customer requirements and translates into technical design solutions.
- Work as part of a team.
- Quickly adapt to customer dynamic environment and adopt their processes and foster innovative ideas.
- Working knowledge of the interrelationships between ITIL processes including Asset Management, Service Catalog, Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management.
- Develop custom workflows utilizing modern web technologies.
- Configure out of the box workflows and create/maintain custom workflows.
- Integrate ServiceNow applications with 3rd party partners.
- Rapidly prototype new solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Orchestrate and automate tasks.
- Responsible for the design and build of ServiceNow Applications and integration to other applications and platforms; including architecture, languages, best practices and methodologies in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Provide strong development and project on-track and on-task and collaborate on an ongoing project in both new and enhancements development between engineers, developers, analyst and other team members.
- Follow, maintain and apply documentation best practice policies, procedures and process throughout ServiceNow development.
- Work closely with business and IT teams to gather input to support ongoing business needs for Service Now configuration, implementation and support
- Review and apply any additional UI/UX requirements from external and internal team and align into ServiceNow development.
- Developing user friendly catalog items with experience writing orchestration workflows such as Content Management, Web Services
- Utilizes available programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
- Support data migration as needed.
- Design and implement solutions following established Configuration Management policies and standards.
Integrate data from multiple data sources into a unified CMDB, ensuring data quality and integrity are maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4-8 years of relevant experience or Master’s with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of work experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- At least 4 years of experience with the design, development and support of technology infrastructure.
- At least 4 years of ServiceNow development with focus on CMDB concepts.
- Strong experience with ServiceNow CMDB concepts and configuration.
- Experience with ServiceNow upgrades.
- Assist establishing coding standards to help with consistency.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems through SOAP or REST web services.
- Experience using Workflow Editor to configure workflows.
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer and/or ServiceNow Certified System Administrator.
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification a plus.
- Experience with AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery.
- Integration experience (REST, SOAP, JSON/XML).
- Ability to be a self-starter, pay strict attention to detail, and multitask across multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.