The Information System Security Manger (ISSM) is the primary Information Assurance (IA) decision maker and responsible for the management and technical administration of the Information System (IS) in accordance with internal and external security requirements. The ISSM will oversee day-to-day information system security operations, resolve complex problems, and develop innovative solution to meet changing security requirements. The ISSM will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Information Assurance technical domain. Ability to work independently as well as with a team of analysts trained in operations research, mathematics, and other skills. The ideal candidate will be adaptable to diverse office situations, procedures and demands.
- Continuous upkeep, monitoring, analysis, and response to Information System, network and security events.
- Documents compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develops a Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe.
- Develop procedures and documentation to ensure compliance with Configuration Management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware.
- Ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with the governing authority approved authorization package and customer directives.
- Evaluates proposed changes or additions to the information system, and advises senior site leadership of the security relevance.
- Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments and Continuous Monitoring.
- Lead investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Facility Security and Senior Program Managers.
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
- Author, review and update IS Authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) to support IS Assessment and Authorization activities.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 7+ year’s related experience.
- Current DoD 8570 baseline certification for IAM II
- Detailed understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST, ICD, and CNSS standards.
- Familiarity with network technologies (LAN & WAN) and best practices within a classified environment to include crypto and key management
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Windows operating systems (workstation & server), Linux, and system virtualization (multiple hypervisors) in a secure network environment.
- Experience with compliance scanning tools (e.g. SCAP) and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS)
- Hands on experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation and management
- Must be able to work in a constantly changing regulatory environment with short, mid, and long term timelines for remediating any non-compliance
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Good writing and verbal presentation skills
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with SCI eligibility
Past or current ISSM/ISSO experience
- DoD IS knowledge and experience
- Detailed understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Security hardening scripting/automation experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.