Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Technical Site Lead. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Stuttgart Germany and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The Site Lead will be the GSM-O Operations Customer Advocate for DISA EUR and DISA AF. They will orchestrate, plan, schedule, report, and perform technical activities to execute DoD Information Network (DODIN) operational engineering for the DISA Europe Field Command. Responsibilities include customer engagement, technical planning, system integration, verification/validation, and performing total system analysis (cost/risk/supportability) across the DISN. The Site Lead will manage multiple engineering and operations tasks simultaneously for a team of ~20 engineers. Subordinate teams are responsible for multiple layers of IP and transport technologies, unified capabilities, Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS), change management, incident escalation, problem management, capacity planning, performance management, impact assessments, and support to command and control functions.
- Lead, direct, review and oversee all aspects of site engineering team
- Communicate with customer(s) matters of significant importance to the organization
- Prepare and review technical implementation plans to provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions
- Develop technical briefings, standard operating procedures, technical guidance or status reports and present to senior leadership
- Participate in subordinate employee recruitment, selection, TESA submissions in DOCPER system, onboarding, training and work assignments
- Identification and management of issues, risks, dependencies
- Collaborate with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts, identify innovation opportunities, gain efficiency while increasing operability
- Creating, documenting, and executing action plans
- Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals
- Manage aspects of multiple engineering tasks simultaneously
- Monitor, adjust and report on operations performance and schedule
- Some travel may be required (5-10%)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline and 12-15 years prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 10-13 year of prior relevant experience
- Technical Network SME - In-depth knowledge and practical experience implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical staff and business customers
- In-depth experience in network engineering, problem management, and performance management
- Working knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
- Technical depth in network services and architecture (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc)
- Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed
- Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Knowledgeable in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation including but not limited to Service Level Management, Availability Management, Capacity and Performance Management, Monitoring and Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Enablement, etc.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE
- Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Network certifications such as but not limited to, Cisco Certifications (CCIE, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security + CE, CISSP, etc.)
- ITIL certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.