At Leidos, we know the most talented professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
Are you interested in working on an exciting Air Force Vanguard program? The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) is currently under contract to create a reference architecture and implementation for the core autonomy system that will autonomously control low-cost, teamed aircraft to provide pilots with key data to support rapid, informed decisions. Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for a position on the Skyborg SDA program led out of our Beavercreek, OH office. The Software Engineer will work with other engineers on the Leidos team to design and implement aircraft autonomy and supporting software.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for working with other engineers to design, implement, and test object-oriented C++ software to support the Skyborg autonomy suite. The job may also involve the creation of test harnesses, Python scripts, shell scripts, etc. The Software Engineer will be part of an Agile software development team, which is in the early stages of building the autonomy system.
The work is primarily located in Dayton, OH. However, working remotely from the Arlington, VA or Huntsville, AL Leidos offices is possible with occasional travel to Dayton, OH.
- Help develop and document solid software development plans and procedures
- Help lead Agile sprint teams in designing and implementing software
- Create and update software designs
- Implement object-oriented C++ software
- Write unit test code
- Lead and contribute to the creation of Interface Control Documents, Application Programming Interfaces, and other documentation
- Participate in peer reviews of design, code, and documentation
- Mentor junior software engineers in good engineering practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or other science discipline and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience developing software for a service-oriented architecture
- Extensive experience developing object-oriented C++ software
- Significant knowledge of common development tools in Linux environments
- Familiarization with Model Based System Engineering practices (Experience with Cameo a plus)
- Team player who can work with software developers across multiple companies
- U.S. citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering software components in an Agile Scrum environment
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, continuous integration, etc.)
- Open Mission Systems (OMS) experience
- Experience with CentOS
- Experience working with airborne systems
- Familiarity working with issues in Jira
- Experience developing autonomous systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.