The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Cybersecurity Analyst in Huntsville, AL to support a critical modernization effort of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) command and control program in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Aviation and Project Manager Command, Control, and Effects. This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying UAS command and control architecture, redesign the command and control front/back end software into the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE), integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work independently, and collaboratively, as a contributor to overall cyber security responsibilities on an agile software development program
• Contribute to the software modernization effort using the Risk Management Framework (RMF) as a guide
• Perform module and unit testing of cyber security features, including manipulation of data for analysis of security requirements
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for secure design, secure development and security testing
• Bachelor's degree and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
• US citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
• Experience performing security scans on an IT environment
• Experience evaluating, scoring, and documenting security compliance of RMF controls, DISA CCIs, and/or STIG vulnerabilities
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
• Ability to obtain, at a minimum, DOD 8570.01-Manual level I certification within six months of hire
• Good verbal and written skills and able to multi-task and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Experience with RMF in a software development environment is strongly preferred
• Experience with various operating systems, such as Red Hat Linux and Windows Servers
• Experience with software or system vulnerability analysis reports (MicroFocus Fortify, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution, Anchore, or other cybersecurity tools)
• Experience with Static code / dynamic code analysis
• Experience in penetration, web app or security scanning testing
• Experience deploying and maintaining security tools (Assured Compliance Assessment Solution, Secure Content Automation Protocol Compliance Checker, McAfee Endpoint Security suite, or other DISA tools)
• Experience in applying Security and Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to software technologies
• Experience with standards NIST SP 800-171 or 800-53
• Experience with unmanned systems, Army Common Operating Environment (COE), VMF messaging or other PMO systems
• Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
• DOD 8570.01-Manual level I or II certified
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.