The Leidos Civil group is seeking a mid-level Civil/Construction Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Infrastucture Construction and Installation Center Team
- Support Engineering Services (ES) in the design, installation and renovation of FAA employee housing and life safety shelters in remote areas of Alaska and the continental United States.
- Perform project engineering, including but not limited to site survey, quality control, technical problem solving and field coordination
- Perform assessments of facilities, review assessments performed by others, identify needs, and consolidate multiple needs into groups of similar needs to minimize the number of new project originations per site.
- Coordinate with Systems Support Center (SSC) and Technical Services personnel, National Air Space Implementation Program Managers (NIPMs) and Service Area (SA) Requirements Specialists (RSs) to identify needs, confirm that proposed originations are valid and reflect current needs.
- Coordinate with SA Program Implementation Managers (PIMs) and RSs to resolve potential conflicts between proposed and existing project scopes and schedules.
- Research existing originations in the FAA’s Corporate Work Plan (CWP) tool and coordinate scopes of new Originations to avoid duplication of projects.
- Support program office with strategic planning and execution related maters
- Civil or Construction Engineering Degree (B.S.) from an Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited institution. Minimum 4 - 8 years of construction related experience as Project Engineer or Resident Engineer. Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Experience with design, implementation and logistical considerations of working in remote areas of Alaska.
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background highly desired.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certificatio
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.