The ESA V program is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
Leidos has opportunities for an individual to serve as an IBM z/OS Systems Programmer with a Specialty Supporting Mainframe Networks. The Systems Programmer will work with the Mainframe team, under the direction of the government leadership, to perform technical tasks; support IBM z-series mainframe network protocols and support customer driven mission critical mainframe infrastructure to ensure uninterrupted service delivery:
The Mainframe Systems Programmer- Network Specialist tasks include:
- Plans, installs, tests, administers, maintains, updates and implements VTAM, TCPIP, FTP, SFTP, TLS, EE, Connect Direct, LRS VPS/DRS.
- Supports (LAN, SAN, MAN, WAN) dealing with mainframe networks (TCP/IP, SNA, and OSA) and affected middleware, mainframe storage networks (FICON, ESCON), FICON/ESCON Directors, optics and fiber connectivity (design, install and test), disaster recovery sites, long distance system and storage duplication. Perform network health checks (review, assess, and recommend changes to current or planned configurations), and relocations.
- Supports VTAM experience (used for TN3270 type terminal communications and EE Pipes with both DOJ and external government customers)
- Supports TCP/IP experience (primarily IPv4 but in the early stages of IPv6). This includes all the IP-LU Mapping (an example is the Two Factor LUName requirements for Top Secret), OSA cards on all mainframe and working with Network Support Group and JUTNet.
Location: This position is 100% Remote.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years’ experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation from the Department of Justice prior to beginning work.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Current and active Top Secret security clearance is required.
- VTAM experience (used for TN3270 type terminal communications and EE Pipes with both DOJ and external government customers)
- TCP/IP experience (primarily IPv4 but in the early stages of IPv6). This includes all the IP-LU Mapping (an example is the Two Factor LUName requirements for Top Secret), OSA cards on all mainframe and working with Network Support Group and JUTNet.
- General z/OS Mainframe experience and proficiency with MVS Commands, WLM, JCL, REXX, CLIST, SDSF, TSO/ISPF, IPCS, STC’s, batch processing, dump reading, etc.
- Experience and proficiency with z/OS mainframe tools such as FDR, MVS QuickRef, InSync, StarTools, ConnectDirect, ASG-OutBound, TN3270, Scheduling and Automation Software and FTP Client Software.
- Experience with mainframe software upgrades.
- Experience and exposure to Mainframe Hardware, DASD Subsystem hardware and virtual tape hardware.
- Experience with z/OS mainframe fail-over and fail-back to/from a DR site.
- Experience working with Developers and Software vendors to resolve software problems.
- Experience working with Auditors to provide requested information.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.