The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Material/Property Controller to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Alice Springs area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Oversight of material and property control activities to ensure continuous accountability of government and company property in accordance with governing regulations and policies.
- Assisting the logistics team in resolving equipment configuration questions and ensuring parent/child relationships are accurately reflected on the property record.
- Maintain 100% accountability over inventories of all program assets.
- Manage government material and property control and ensure consumable supplies are maintained to provide a constant support to the program.
- Maintain control of government property records and constantly monitor consumable supply usage rates and reorder trigger points.
- Update government and corporate property with asset location changes immediately.
- Monitor purchasing, inventory control system and property records to ensure they accurately reflect inventory transactions, movement and relief of stewardship.
- Perform quality control checks of purchasing and property records to ensure required data fields are accurate and complete and that supporting documentation has been recorded and uploaded to corporate enterprise systems.
- Plan and conduct internal audits and supporting external corporate or Government property audits.
- Participate in risks assessments and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Prepare reports for Division management and Government customers.
- Prepare all requests, DRMO/S turn-ins and hand receipt transfers in accordance with governing regulations and corporate policies.
- Use varied approaches to resolve or collaborate on project or program issues.
- Support the program with shipping items from OCONUS to CONUS and between OCONUS locations. Receive, catalogue and inventory items from vendors, customers, additional contractors, etc.
- Support Program System Admins with basic hardware replacements, office moves, logistics and other duties as required to support Customer Mission requirements.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI with a CI Polygraph is required
- Experience in the ten life cycle property management outcomes: acquisition, receipt, records, physical inventory, subcontractor control, reports, relief of stewardship, utilization, maintenance and property closeout.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Proven experience in property management functions to include record maintenance, accountability storage and disposal functions.
- Performance of supply/inventory management-program functions including, but not limited to, determination of requirements, distribution and redistribution of items, disposition of excess property, reconciliation of inventory balances with physical counts and other supply functions.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including (but not limited to) Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both internal to Leidos and external (military/government customer, etc.), both written and oral.
- Strong problem-solving skills oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment with strong attention to detail.
- Prior corporate experience managing Government property using a compliant inventory system (SAP)
- Specialized certificate in US Government property management, logistics, and HAZMAT certified.
- Prior property control experience in support of the U.S. military or DoD contractor is a plus.
- Previous experience with local mission domains and customer base is highly desired.
- Continuous service improvement or process improvement experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Material Control
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,200.00 - $88,000.00 - $118,800.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.