Leidos is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development and delivery of Air Traffic Management Systems for the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA). The SE will also play an important role in working with Human Factors Engineers and other subsystems to develop system requirements and solutions for the customer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping various contracts in support of the customer’s mission. FAA’s En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) is the solution that provides NextGen En Route Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS). The ERAM program is an FAA NextGen program and a key program for the Leidos Civil Division.
Principal Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
The Principal Systems Engineer will support the development of EDSM requirements, taking design concepts based on customer use cases, specifications and related guidance. The primary duties include:
• Developing A-Level System/Subsystem Specification (SSS) requirements, B-Level Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Systems Engineering Modeling and Design, and support the enhancement of the Computer Human Interface design ERAM system
• Interfacing with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to the developed requirements, use cases describing user interface functionality and design decisions
• Performing Systems Engineering as needed for the ERAM system
• Providing support needed for software development, integration and test, and other functional areas in the proper behavior and verification of the documented solutions.
• Articulating user needs and requirements from high level use cases
• Technical manual updates and inspection support
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Systems engineering experience, including proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into system requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives, and interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, Hardware)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Technical leadership experience with strong organization and time management
• Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
• Prior experience in a technical leadership role that requires significant coordination across multiple functional areas
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
• Degree in Engineering discipline or related discipline with a focus on systems engineering, and will consider a Master's degree in other fields if candidate has exceptionally strong background.
• 10+ years of experience working with FAA air traffic management solutions
• Strong experience in requirements analysis, software lifecycle development, testing and evaluation, as well as systems engineering experience in writing requirements is preferred
• Strong communication skills to present technical concepts to stakeholders and non-technical personnel
• Experience with IBM Doors
• Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA
• Experience supporting Requirements Reviews with customer
• Familiarity with ERAM
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.