Rewrite your career with Leidos! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to unleash your potential.
Leidos, the implementer for Ameren Illinois' award-winning energy efficiency programs, seeks an IT Software Developer. This position will develop, deploy, and support the Salesforce CRM in a mission-critical and highly integrated customer environment. This includes support for a wide variety of user constituents including field staff, marketing, finance, engineering and customer support, plus back-end business systems. This role will participate in analyzing and translating requirements into development tasks, and executing development efforts, often with aggressive deadlines. The role follows Salesforce and industry best practices for the software development lifecycle, and provides operational support, working closely with team and developers from related systems to implement changes as they are identified and prioritized.
In addition, this position will play a critical role in data security efforts in relation to all development efforts. This role will report directly to the Sr. Data Security & IT Systems manager.
Location: This position can be located remotely as a home office position with occasional travel to client office in Peoria, IL and Collinsville, IL.
- Assist in coding, configuration, maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging of developed custom applications.
- Assist in management of Salesforce CRM system and user security in relation to new development, design and best practice implementation
- Develop high-quality, reusable, and maintainable code
- Assist in determining and managing work estimates, timelines, and technical documentation deliverables
- Provide operational support for ongoing user issues and requests.
- Actively participate in regular team and client meetings to ensure program needs are being met for development and data security
- Capable of multitasking, managing resources, and schedules and working several diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
- Be self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work task independently with good time management.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related. High school diploma with an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of relevant business and programming experience.
- Hands-on configuration and development experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of IT system configuration and architecture.
- Demonstrated skills in translating customer requirements into technical specifications and development outputs.
- Experience with administration of and development in Salesforce.
- Ability to interface with cross-functional team members in defining and managing solutions for new development and existing process improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Ability to make unanticipated changes to production deliverables with short notice as required.
- Must be able to work with a large set of system users to translate their processes and business requirements into technical reports requirements and design for the systems.
- Must be able to facilitate discussions with several system users to help those users arrive at a common understanding of their needs.
- Must be proactive in learning about the ever changing software best practices to ensure that program software retains a high level of security and is able to provide increased functionality to remain competitive.
- Must have a strong understanding of data security including PII and be able to develop and integrate solutions with this mandatory requirement.
- Must have some actual experience in programming custom applications.
- Experience with Salesforce or Dynamics cloud platform.
- Java and/or Apex programming experience.
- TSQL and/or SOQL database language experience.
- Technical experience with databases, and user support.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, most specifically Excel.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines for an information system.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.