The Security Detection & Automation, Civil Group of Leidos is seeking an Associate Buyer who is seeking a position in a dynamic environment. Under moderate supervision, the Associate Planner is responsible for activities that span the entire procurement and product lifecycle.
- Supplier sourcing and contract negotiations, procurement of goods and services in support of MRP generated or direct contract requirements.
- General knowledge of documentation, drawings, datasheets, solid models in support of quotations
- Contract review for regulatory compliance, flow downs and risk management assessments.
- Contract administration and management to include:
- PO placement
- Supplier cost management, competition and Price Analysis
- Schedule of product to meet demand
- Order closeout reconciliation of goods receipts and invoices as required
- Handling of non-conformances and vendor returns
- Liaison between supply base and internal customers.
- Supports integration activities as directed
- High School diploma and 1-3 years of experience. Preference for an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree. Active progress towards completing a bachelor’s degree is encouraged but not required.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Great organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a willingness to progress into tasks of greater responsibility
- Prior experience in purchasing, contracts or finance environment
- Knowledge of basic business principles
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.