Leidos has an upcoming position we're hiring for a Sr. Java Developer / Architect for our SSA ITSSC program in Baltimore, MD. You are an Architect who understands the big picture and the power of integrating people, process and technology to deliver effective technology solutions. You have the soft skills and business acumen are critical when working with our customers in managing change and driving requirements. Additionally, we’re looking for people who can think strategically and are able to see the big picture. You will assist in building our target architecture delivering our enterprise architecture goals of modernization, efficiency, speed and agility. You will also demonstrate a mastery in a variety of technologies and tools and how they are best utilized in a modern development environment. You must demonstrate extensive knowledge in multiple development languages, software development and best practices, system design, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation tools, testing, tool integrations, and communication. You will demonstrate knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment. You also must be self-motivated and show initiative to identify, research, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Understand customers’ business problems and assist with the development of solutions that impact strategic project and program goals.
- Mentor and lead a team of several developers. Monitor their assignments, review progress and provide technical direction as needed.
- Design and develop applications from the functional requirements.
- Design and develop key application components as microservices by adapting The Twelve-Factor App methodology using Spring Boot, Java and RESTful architecture.
- Create POCs, templates for developing Behavior Driven Development (BDD) test framework for the APIs using Cucumber, Gherkin, and Java.
- Lead the direction, definition and support the governance of presentation architecture strategy.
- Collaborate with architects, senior leadership, security, developers, operations, and systems, customers to design or review enterprise and departmental applications.
- Responsible for promoting and socializing enterprise wide recommendations and strategy.
- Responsible for implementing, managing and evaluating POCs and pilots.
- Responsible for building and driving alignment to an Enterprise Presentation Reference Architecture.
- Ability to influence delivery, enterprise architects and leadership to align to an enterprise presentation architecture.
Key Required Skills:
- Bachelors degree and 12 years' relevant experience
- Experience migrating legacy applications to containerized solutions such as Openshift or Kubernetes.
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar.
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work.
- Experience with testing tool such as Selenium.
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Experience providing architectural guidance and solutions to multiple projects at a time.
- Experience providing technical leadership and guidance to the team of more than 15 developers.
- Experience with the implementation of Section 508 standards for Web Applications.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Prior experience working on applications that help identify fraudulent activities (Anti-Fraud) in government or larger private organizations.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.