Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos has an immediate need for an International Policy Analyst to support the NNSA Office of Defense Programs (NA-10). This position provides direct support for international program activities related to mutual defense agreements.
This is a full-time position located in the NNSA offices at the Department of Energy Forrestal Building in Washington, D.C.
Active DOE Q and/or DOE TS clearance
Required education and qualifications:
- BA degree
- 2-4 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to multi-task and attend to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills; experience writing briefing papers
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Support the International Programs Office in responding to actions, preparing and reviewing documents, presentations, and talking points.
- Work with program offices and subject matter experts to review and develop materials supporting the Administrator, Deputy Administrator for Defense Programs, and senior staff.
- Support the Director of International Programs with implementing program responsibilities under the 1958 US/UK Agreement for Cooperation in the Uses of Atomic Energy for Mutual Defense Purposes (Mutual Defense Agreement - MDA).
- Provide analytic and technical support for policy, planning, and program management to evaluate and coordinate the exchange of nuclear weapons data and cooperative research, development, test and production activities under the MDA.
- Support the NNSA action officer in engagements with the British Embassy, Department of Defense, and the interagency for MDA activities.
- Provide logistics and administrative support in the coordination of secure video teleconferences, visit reports, senior meeting preparations (scheduling, development of briefing books, etc.), visitor escorting and access paperwork, routine classified processing, and account approvals
- Apply proper safeguards for storage, distribution, and handling of all classified media (e.g., letters, memorandums, reports, books, binders, CDs/DVDs, etc.).
- Collaborate with DOE Security and the Defense Programs Security Manager to ensure full compliance with all DOE Security Directives. Perform all applicable security related activities (safe checks/end-of-day security checks, etc.). Manage and control the content of materials in assigned safes. Inventory safe contents and purge files when no longer needed. Ensure all actions are in full compliance with applicable security directives.
- 4-8 years of experience supporting federal government programs (e.g., DHS, DOE, DOD).
- Understanding of nuclear security policy and/or 123 Agreements a plus.
- Experience providing briefings to senior government stakeholders.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.