Ready for your next career step? We are seeking a talented User Experience (UX) Designer with 2-4 years of hands-on experience to join our dynamic team. Position provides for part-time telework option (40%) and relocation assistance also available for motivated candidates seeking to grow their career in the Morgantown, WV area.
This opportunity will provide professional growth that is focused on designing optimum user experiences throughout the planning and development cycles of our software projects in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity to expand your skills in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and rewarding environment.
These are some of the cool stuff you will be doing:
- Develop creative solutions for a wide variety of user experience challenges including, but not limited to mobile and desktop web applications.
- Design useful, usable, and desirable systems, products and services. This includes working closely with software engineers to realize the design.
- Participate in user research activities enabling the team to build a deep and rich understanding of how our vendors and customers use our platform.
- Use data, analytics and business requirements to assist product management in developing user stories and requirements.
- Propose design direction and/or assist to define the visual language.
- Develop and maintain UI specifications.
- Present design work to the engineering team, product team, and executives for review and feedback.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in visual communication, design, UX, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field / certification
- 2 - 4 years of related professional / work experience
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- Knowledge of accessibility, usability principles, and interaction design
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating illustrations, visual design, web design, or UI solutions for a variety of form factors (including mobile and desktop)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration is encouraged
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Knowledge of various user research techniques (e.g., user journey mapping, user interviews, contextual inquiry, card sorting, usability testing, etc.)
- Knowledge of content strategy, instructional design strategy, and information architecture
- Experience with agile software environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.