The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Cloud Computing DevOps Engineer. This role is primary remote.
This contract includes the Cloud Migrations life cycle including development, testing, deployment and release management leveraging DevSecOps.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and implement DevOps capabilities and pipelines across various project teams.
- Install, configure and maintain all tools needed to accomplish the following DevSecOps functions -- source control management, continuous integration, deployment, monitoring, repository management, provisioning, release management, logging, building, testing, containerization, collaboration and security.
- Leverage Infrastructure As Code (IaC) frameworks such as Cloud Formation and Terraform; and Programming languages such as Java, C# or Python
- Design, develop, configure and manage mixed Windows and Linux environments
- Implement cost-control strategies for Cloud-based workloads in AWS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 4-8 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 2 years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD SECRET clearance
- 3-5 years of experience in Amazon Web Services administration and operations
- Provisioning, configuring, managing AWS services such as VPC/Subnet/Security Group, EC2, ECS, CLI, S3, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Config and IAM.
- Technical designs, frameworks, and implementations.
- DevOps and DevSecOps tools implementation
- Setting-up pipelines and integrating CI/CD processes using SonarQube, Jenkins, artifactory and bitbucket
- Python, Java and Ruby
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
- Ability to interact positively, collaborate and communicate appropriately with team members
- Containerized CI/CD deployment such as Docker, Open shift and Kubernetes
- Knowledge in complex application integration
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies across multiple domains including network, database, endpoint, virtual computing, cloud computing, ML, and AI
- AWS DevOps certification
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.