The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting an Assistant Program Manager of Language Exploitation (APM LE) to support a DoD customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). The APM LE will lead a dynamic team and have oversight of linguist operations, ensuring timely and accurate translation products in accordance with customer priorities and standard operating procedures.
The APM LE will provide oversight of quality control of gists and translations. The APM LE will perform supervisory and administrative functions over Linguist Team Leads, Quality Control Linguists, and Screener Linguists. The APM LE will support Leidos relationship with the customer program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. The APM LE will assist the PM in ensuring contract requirements are met. The APM will be a team-oriented leader who has the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a large program and interface with senior customer leaders.
The APM LE will provide management, direction, administration, quality assurance, and leadership for language exploitation operations on the contract and on a day to day basis be responsible for:
The DPM will oversee assigning tasks to contractor personnel, provide high level supervision of ongoing technical efforts, and manage overall program performance to ensure the optimal use of assigned resources and subcontractors.
The DPM will need to be readily available to respond to Government questions, concerns, and comments, as well as be proactive in alerting the Government to potential contractual or programmatic issues.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of linguists as well as long-term strategic development
- Serve as needed as a secondary point of contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), and the Government Program Manager
- Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of gists, translations, and other language products as requested by the customer
- Ensure that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions
- Ensure innovation and efficiencies are an ongoing process
- Coordinate Leidos resources needed for effective program management, including but not limited to, HR support, Talent Acquisition, contracts administration, and security
- Identifies, assesses and resolves complex business problems/issue/risks
- Responsible for securing and managing an exceptional team/staff, maintaining high levels of staff retention, and ensuring exceptional customer relationship management.
- Ensure all security requirements are satisfied at all times.
- Lead, manage, coach, and mentor employees, manage professional development, hiring, and issue resolution for the program.
- Engage employees and customers on a routine basis to fully understand customer requirements and employee capabilities
- Seeks to ensure customer satisfaction and professional and ethical behavior of all contractor personnel
- Identifies and documents program technical, quality & risk areas and mitigation methods to reduce risk, maximize benefits and ensure delivery for scientific computing and analysis efforts regarding current or future capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in the MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to brief senior government personnel.
- Must be able to multi-task and be organized and adaptable to changing/evolving requirements.
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity.
- Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- At least 3 years’ of experience as a direct, hands-on manager and supervisor.
- At least 5 years’ of experience working as a linguist.
- At least 3 years’ of experience in managing documents and media exploitation operations.
- At least 2 years’ experience in utilizing human language technology tools, the NMEC Exploitation System, and the Harmony/TED database.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PMP Certification in Program Management such as PMP.
- Master’s Degree
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.