The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Cloud Engineer. This role is primary remote.
This contract includes the Cloud Migrations life cycle including development, testing, deployment and release management leveraging DevSecOps.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement cloud-first and AWS native architectures
- Leverage knowledge and skills associated with AWS Console, CLI, and Managed Services
- Build Infrastructure As Code (IaC) and utilize Cloud-native and shared services in an automated fashion
- Implement DevSecOps including auto-scaled architectures for rebuilds
- Design, develop, configure and manage mixed Windows and Linux environments
- Use Modern coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, and automation-first implementations
- Develop system interfaces on the Cloud and leverage messaging infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 4-8 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 2 years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD SECRET clearance
- Experience with cloud-first and AWS native architectures
- Experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services utilizing cloud services to build IaC in an automated fashion
- Provisioning, configuring, managing AWS services such as VPC/Subnet/Security Group, EC2, ECS, CLI, S3, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Config and IAM.
- Designing and monitoring the enterprise-wide scalable operations in AWS Cloud environments.
- Experience with IaC frameworks such as Cloud Formation and Terraform; and Programming languages such as Java, C# or Python
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
- Ability to interact positively, collaborate and communicate appropriately with team members
- Knowledge in complex application integration
- Multi cloud management
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies across multiple domains including network, database, endpoint, virtual computing, cloud computing, ML, and AI
- AWS certifications, like associates and developer
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.