At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. The Airborne Solutions Operation currently seeking a talented Aircraft Production Manager to join our team.
The Aircraft Production Manager will be required to oversee the production of aircraft, integrated weapons systems, and components for U.S. Government and potential foreign military sales customers. Duties include directing a project execution team including project planning/scheduling, manufacturing and quality engineering, and supply chain and production managers.
The Successful candidates primary responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Management and execution of the master production schedule
- Resource management
- Facilitate design reviews, program reviews, and technical exchange meetings
- Compliance with a litany of International and U.S. Government industrial standards and specifications
- Support of proposal efforts
- Customer relations
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's of Science or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university, and have at least eight (8) years of aircraft-relevant experience as a Production Manager for the aerospace/defense industry. (High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of twelve (12) years of related manufacturing experience is may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Candidate must demonstrate experience leading cross-functional program execution teams and developing new business opportunities.
- Candidate must demonstrated experience successfully meeting cost and schedule requirements for major Defense acquisition aircraft production programs.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Candidates must be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment, problem solving and working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
Travel: Ability to support domestic travel
Clearance: Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a final SECRET clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a SECRET clearance.
Preferred Qualifications: PMP Certification; Professional Engineer, Engineer Intern, or INCOSE Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.