Leidos currently has immediate openings for Scientific Computing Software Engineers, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at Manassas, VA.
Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for energetic, motivated, independent, self-starters for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems. Career advancement possibilities are limited only by your desire. If you have the ambition, we have the position. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain an active DoD Secret clearance.
Candidates will develop sophisticated, real-time, software to enhance the fidelity of training and simulation systems. The work may include developing numerical models, sonar system simulation/stimulation software, data visualization software, message passing and data distribution software, and/or trainer command and control software. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written primarily in C++, Java, and Python, utilizing various software packages (boost, NumPy, and MPI). Software development will include requirements analysis, designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements to the training and simulation systems. Our team employs an agile development approach.
Travel is required to trainer sites at various naval bases, and will account for less than 10% of the job.
Leidos is the prime contractor supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock, for training and tactical decision aids systems used throughout the US Navy supporting submarines, surface ships, surveillance SONAR systems as well as a number of Command and Control (C2) ASW systems.
• B.S./B.A. in Computer Science.
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
• Must have some experience developing software in C++, Java, or related languages.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system, and be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
• Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills. Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously..
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
• Advanced degree, continuing education in computer science, and/or advanced math/physics background.
• Cluster computing, signal processing, real-time software, numerical simulation software, multi-threaded, multi-processor software, data visualization software, underwater acoustic modeling, or familiarity with sonar systems.
• Experience with Agile development and Atlassian products.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.