Leidos is seeking an Electronic Technician to travel and work aboard ships at sea for extended periods (approximately 6 months), work rotating shifts, work in excess of 40-hours per week. There will down periods between rotations (approximately 3 months).
**Selected applicant can reside anywhere within the United States as long as he/she is flexible for deployments and travel.**
As a member of the IUSS/SURTASS team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Operation and maintenance of electronic equipment utilizing common and specialized tools in repair and maintenance of electro/mechanical equipment, test equipment, manufacturers' manuals, schematic diagrams and government procedures to operate and repair electro/mechanical equipment.
- Preparation of all required reports; assist higher level personnel in compiling data for reports, procedures and manuals and ensure proper maintenance of records and logs.
- Perform collateral duties in security, safety and logistics areas.
You will participate in Leidos and Government safety programs, as well as the deployment and retrieval of the array and all other special tasks related to SURTASS operations. This position will require close cooperation and working relationships with active duty military and other Government personnel.
Berthing arrangements on board T-AGOS vessels will require sharing staterooms and other facilities. Position requires the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and the successful candidate must be capable of passing a Mariner's Physical per COMSCINST 6000.l.c and maintain their medical fitness for this position.
An escalating cash bonus is given for cumulative days at sea and a mission completion bonus is provided at the end of individual missions.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 1 – 3 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 1 year of experience.
- Previous electronics repair and maintenance experience.
- Individuals must possess the ability and demeanor to share common spaces over lengthy deployment periods and work closely with others in a small working area and in a shipboard environment.
- Selected applicant must be proficient with personal computers and have a familiarity with operational and maintenance publications.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Obtain valid U.S. passport in an expeditious manner, have the ability to travel, successfully complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening, and have the ability to obtain and maintain company provided travel charge cards.
- Must have successfully completed a class C military electronics repair school and/or have a degree in electronics/information technology.
- Must be capable of passing a Mariner's Physical per COMSCINST 6000.l.c and maintain their medical fitness for this position.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Final Secret required to start and ability to obtain a Top Secret.
Security+ or Network+ or A+ certifications
- SURTASS program training is highly desired
- Familiarity and knowledge of UNIX is desired Background in EKMS/COMSEC
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electronic Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.