The Leidos NISC IV program is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate must be able to support the FAA Aviation Property Management, Policy and Portfolio Planning Branch (APM-210) in the writing, development, proofing, and maintenance of standards, manuals, procedures, user guides, and other publications. This individual will be responsible for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all products are high quality relative to quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style, and meet the FAA guidelines.
- Review technical content for readability, clarity, consistency, completeness, accuracy, tone, organization, usability, and visual design
- Interpret customer specifications and requirements, and verify that document content addresses all customer criteria, including applicable requirements and specifications
- Create high-quality job aids, user guides—experience with SnagIt or any other screen capture tool
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience applying templates, inserting watermarks, creating cross-references, inserting/updating captions, and inserting/updating tables of contents and other references in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience preparing reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions
- Demonstrated customer-facing stance
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Communication, English, Journalism or related area and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Master’s degree in English, Technical Communications, or related field
- Experience with the Federal Government work environment
- Experience with FAA Acquisition Policy
- Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN) and MS Teams
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.