This role requires an experienced Agile Scrum Master and Test Engineer to work in a Government IC environment. The Scrum Master/Test Engineer will be responsible for one or more agile development teams as part of a larger Agile Release Train (ART) delivering value to the customer using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as the agile framework. As a Test Engineer on this program, you will have the opportunity to perform software development to implement scripts, evaluate test results, and feedback loops in a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They also help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. The Scrum Master/Test Engineer ensures the team commitments at the Program Increment Planning Event (PIPE) are met. Finally, this role facilitates horizontal communication across team members to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the team is making progress against its Program Increment commitments.
- Participate in program Agile software development initiatives (standup, planning, Increment planning) to support innovation and enhancement of custom applications through iteration/functionality testing.
- Protects the team from scope creep during execution of the PI.
- Helps removes impediments for the team and raises larger issues to the Release Train Engineer.
- Help other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate; support team in meeting their delivery goals.
- Supports and enforces Scrum process and other rules.
- Develop test validation scripts using program-designated languages.
- Helps the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicates status to management as needed.
- Develop and document end-to-end functionality test case narratives using task management system (JIRA/Confluence).
- Leads and facilitates SAFe ceremonies to include sprint planning, sprint review, demos, sprint retro, PI planning, etc.
- Support performance testing/evaluation activities using tools such as Jmeter.
- Work with Product Owner to develop User Stories to meet the Feature acceptance criteria.
- Experience working as a Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer or Product Owner
- Ability to test both back end applications processes in addition to front end
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments
- Significant experience with scripting languages (ex: Python) to automate tasks
- Experience leading teams through the delivery of capabilities (software development or infrastructure modernization) using agile methodologies
- Experience working/testing within Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex: AWS) and DevOps tools
- Significant experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Experience supervising others
- Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6years of prior relevant experience.
- Safe Agilest Certification
- Experience reviewing output of CI jobs and capable of tracking test failures back to code changes that resulted in bugs
- Experience with administration of MS Windows Server or Linux environments (Lab or Personal development space)
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification
- Experience using SAFe as the agile development methodology.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Candidate must possess a TS/SCI with polygraph.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.