Leidos is seeking a Business Development Manager to support growth in new climate related opportunities, including decarbonization, climate science, climate and infrastructure resiliency, and renewable energy. The BD Manager will work with the Director of the Leidos Climate Group and our team of experts to develop a multi-agency strategy to capitalize on the growing budget in these areas. As a BD Manager, you will be responsible to build, qualify, and manage a pipeline of opportunities. You will develop strategic relationships across client organizations, identify new and emerging opportunities, and best position Leidos to pursue those opportunities. The BD Manager will also be responsible up to date on emerging technology and trends across the energy and climate sector and promote solutions to address these trends.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop strategy and business plan for Climate Group
- Identify areas of investment to position Leidos for pipeline of opportunities
- Develop thought leadership campaign including; position papers, social media activity, conferences and other outreach
- Expand and develop client relationships to best understand client requirements and shape opportunities
- Identify and qualify viable opportunities aligned with our strategy, growth objectives, and priorities
- Lead development of Win Plan to include: Identification of critical activities and resources needed to increase win probability; competitive analysis, pricing strategy, solutioning, etc
- Develop potential teaming partners including small business strategy
- Work with solution architects to develop and advance technical and programmatic solutions
- Participate in pipeline and gate reviews, proposal reviews, and maintain opportunities in CRM system
- Bachelor’s Degree and 15+ years experience.
- Relevant and current experience in the decarbonization, climate science, climate and infrastructure resiliency, and renewable energy markets
- Experience with DOE EERE, Fossil Energy and Science as well as EPA
- Prior BD/Capture Management experience, including a record of winning new Federal business opportunities
- Analysis and qualification of opportunities
- Ability to work in a matrix management structure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with senior management and key government clients
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Pay Range:Pay Range $136,500.00 - $210,000.00 - $283,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.